|Award Winning Ways to Choose a Good Domain Name : Award Winning Ways|
Always remember that domain name is the online identity of your blog or business website. In only world, people connect with you through your blog or website and if they do not find a good and clean domain name, then they can find it hard to connect with you.
Today I will share about the key factors to choose the domain name for your blog or business online.
Award Winning Ways to Choose a Good Domain Name
1) Easy to type:When I say that you should choose a domain name which is easy to type, you should also remember that it is not easy for you as most of the common word domain names already taken. SO it may take your brain to do some exercise before you find a suitable and easy to type domain name.
2) Short and Simple:Simplicity has it`s own power. A simple and clean domain always make the space into the minds of people around the world. for example Facebook.com is a clean name and which is not just short but simple also.
There are chances that you may not be able to find the domain name you are looking for, In this case you should try mix of two or three words but not more than that.
3) Keywords:Using keywords in domain name make it easy to understand what you sit or blog is all about. It also helps search engine to determine for which queries your site is the direct solution. For example if you want to buy a bike repair service domain then you can choose bikerepair.com
4) Avoid hyphens and numbers:There are chances when you think of choosing a domain name with hyphens or numbers. But believe me it can confuse the user. When someone hears a domain name with number, they will not know that the number is character or numeric value. So it is always better that you should avoid numbers and hyphens.
5) Memorable:Everyday thousands of new websites take birth. SO competition is getting harder day by day. The easy way to outrank the competition is to choose a domain name which is catchy and memorable. A domain name which people never forget easily.
Choose a domain name and let your friends know the name. Analyze their reaction to find out if your domain name is appealing or not.
6) Research:Before going to buy a domain name, it is really important that you do a lot research to find avoid trademark or copyright issues. Also you do not want to buy a domain name which is banned by search engines.
7) Use Top Level domain name extensions:When it comes to choosing a domain name extension, the best domain extension is always the .Com. There are so many other domain name extensions available such as .co, .info, .net, .org, .biz, .me etc.
Don`t get confused with various domain name extensions. Always choose which is the best for you.
I always recommend of choosing .Com domain extension, because every common person believes that after every domain there is a .com.
8) Act fast:Domain names always sell like hot cakes. You never know that the domain name which is available right now may not be available for sale after 10 seconds. So it is always great that you buy a domain name the same time when you know that it is perfect for your business.
9) Brandable:Choosing a domain name which is easily brand-able always helps you to reach the people worldwide and grab attention quickly. There are domain name which worth million of dollars such as Hotels.com. but buying such domain names also bring great value to your business.
This shows the branding and premium quality of the business also.
So you see, these are few of the most important factors which you should keep in mind when it comes to choose a domain name. You can also take help of the detailed domain name guide to understand every factor in detail.
If you still have any question, feel free to ask me via comments.